My name is John Phelan, I have set up this site to focus my attention specifically on all things bike. I’m a keen cyclist and physiotherapist working in the Cork area. I have been cycling since a young age but began to compete in both road and mountain bike events in the past 8 years. L’Etape du Tour and the Enduro World Series are the highlights so far! I raced in the A4 category for St. Finbarrs CC for two seasons and now concentrating on sprint triathlons for 2019 after really enjoying the King of the Hill and Dungarvan in 2018.
Having worked in physiotherapy since 2009, and staying up-to-date with my nutritional knowledge, I am in a strong position to offer a comprehensive physiotherapist-led bike fitting service. This is what I decided to do in 2015, while still living and working in Scotland, so it made sense to set up this service once I got back home to Ireland.
- MSc Physiotherapy (2009)
- BSc Nutritional Science (2004)
- Will be attending the ISCO (international school of cycling optimization) symposium this November in Germany.
- Science of Cycling Physio Bike Fit Course (2015 & 2017)
- Cycling rehab and Physio-led bike fitting under Robert Brown and Dan Guillemette (2016)
- Dry Needling
- Many continual professional development courses on persistent pain, shoulder and knee rehabilitation, low back pain and sports injury management.
- Previous gym instructor and personal trainer
- Blogger and resident Physio with A1 Coaching, a website providing scientific training plans for cyclists.