My name is John Phelan, I have set up this site to focus my attention specifically on all things bike. I’m a keen cyclist and physiotherapist working in the Cork area. I have been cycling since a young age but began to compete in both road and mountain bike events in the past 5 years. L’Etape du Tour and the Enduro World Series are the highlights so far! I am currently racing in the A4 category for St. Finbarrs CC.
Having worked in physiotherapy since 2009, and staying up-to-date with my nutritional knowledge, I am in a strong position to offer a comprehensive physiotherapist-led bike fitting service. This is what I decided to do in 2015, while still living and working in Scotland, so it made sense to set up this service once I got back home to Ireland.
- MSc Physiotherapy (2009)
- BSc Nutritional Science (2004)
- Science of Cycling Physio Bike Fit Course (2015 & 2017)
- Cycling rehab and Physio-led bike fitting under Robert Brown and Dan Guillemette (2016)
- Dry Needling
- Many continual professional development courses on persistent pain, shoulder and knee rehabilitation, low back pain and sports injury management.
- Previous gym instructor and personal trainer
- Current blogger and resident Physio with A1 Coaching, a website providing scientific training plans for cyclists.